I feel very lucky to have a family that loves their vegetables. There isn’t one that we aren’t willing to try and we try to make sure we get at least one or two servings of them with dinner.
One of our favorite meals is this salad. There are a bunch of strong flavors and textures, but they all mix well together. It’s a great light dinner to eat outside on a warm night!
Hands on time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 13 minutes.
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4-5 cups of mixed greens
- 1 quart of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 of one red onion, diced
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- Plain croutons, for garnish
- Sliced strawberries or raspberries (optional)
- Raspberry vinaigrette
- Season chicken breasts with some salt and pepper on both sides. Grill or broil until fully cooked (approximately 10 minutes).
- Meanwhile, toss mixed greens, cherry tomatoes, red onion, walnuts, and blue cheese together until well mixed.
- When chicken is done cooking, slice chicken width-wise.
- To serve, place salad on plate, top with chicken, sprinkle with croutons, and add some raspberry vinaigrette.