All I can say is wow. I was nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award by Dave from Kitchen Convival. I am truly touched that my little blog that started about 6 weeks ago was already nominated! Thank you so much!
On to the rules of the award (beyond the obvious thanks and shout out to the person who nominated you – again, than you so much Dave!!). I have to nominate 15 more bloggers that I have discovered and tell you 7 things about myself. So here it goes!
- Sash and Em - these girls are fantastic. If you’re into YA literature, these are the girls to follow! They’re also some really awesome people that are willing to share some blogging advice and tricks!
- Rambling Notebook - a fun little blog with bits of fun (and funny!) parenting advice and great sounding recipes.
- Tinned Tomatoes - A really nice food blog; definitely something for everyone!
- Love Food Cook Food - Great tips and ideas for foodies!
- Meals From the Market - A cute blog about buying what’s in season and some yummy recipes!
- It’s Not Just About the Recipe… - another really nice food blog hosted by a really nice person. I think she was my first person to like my Facebook page that wasn’t in my direct circle of friends
- Home Skillet - This blog gives you some great ideas and mouth-watering photos!
- Scott Nichols Photography – He’s a very talented photographer. I love his nature photos, especially the spring walk series.
- Catseyesk – a really cool Buddha blog! I love her reflections on what’s going on in her life. Very sweet and insightful.
- LovePeonies – a great baking blog. If I read it too long, I keep thinking that what I see will just end up on my hips
- In Fine Balance – A blog that incorporates some fitness and cooking with raising a family.
- Young Grassopper – A fellow mommy food blogger!
- Go Bake Yourself – a fantastic baking blog, with a Nutella baking category. Need I say more?
- Geli’s Goodies - A food blog with courage – willing to post recipe successes and not so great to learn how to improve. I love it!
- What’s Annie Making – I love some of her creative ideas. Although I don’t understand how she has the time to keep up with this, school, running, planning a wedding, and the list goes on
Onto the 7 random things about me
- I love horseback riding! I’ve done it since I was 10 years old. The last 2 1/2 years I’ve had to take a break, which has been tough (surgery, pregnancy, and a hubby who only has an option to take classes during the only time I can take a lesson) has put my passion on hold. But you can bet your bottom dollar that this is only temporary! I will hopefully be back in the saddle soon!
- I met my husband the third week of my Freshman year of high school on the school bus. He was making fun of who I dated when I was in 7th grade. We married 13 years later and I can say he truly is my best friend.
- My daughter just took her first steps (on April 22nd)…by herself…with no support! And walked all around our kitchen and tables. Yes – I am the proud first time mother.
- I still feel burnt out from my graduate program – even though I graduated 3 1/2 years ago. I am so not ready to even think about going for another degree!
- With number 4 stated, if I won the lottery, and after I took my trip to Disney World, I would figure out how to attend the CIA – no not that one, the Culinary Institute of America and then open up a B&B or small catering business. I think the burnt out feeling would be gone because I would have the flexibility to concentrate on just school rather than working and school
- I hate shopping, especially if the store doesn’t have what I’m looking for – I think I may have to turn in my “girl card” for that statement, so shhhh.
- I love summer and going to all the Virginia wine festivals and wineries. If I could go every weekend, I would – is that bad?